Pictures are worth a thousand words; videos are worth a thousand fans.
Video marketing is more important than at any other point in history. The internet’s ability to deliver video to consumers means that any business not using VaaS is going to be left in the dust.
What is VaaS?
VaaS is Video as a Strategy and it’s a marketing concept that delivers superlative results. Excellent video content paired with thoughtful digital strategy empowers your business to dominate your market.
As search engines and social platforms have evolved to highlight the best content for their users, they have increasingly put special emphasis on video content. And for good reason, too.
Humans are highly visual, and video captures attention better and faster in this fast-paced, noisy world.
Why use VaaS?
Video is ultimately the best way to tell the story of your company. A story is better than a tag line, slogan, or logo because stories connect with audiences at a deeper level. Stories generate emotions, influence trust, evoke memories, and help people understand and remember information.
In fact, viewers retain 95% of a message when they watch it in a video, compared to 10% when reading it in text, as reported by Insivia.
Implementing a wide-scale video marketing strategy can seem intimidating, which is often why marketers and businesses hesitate to evolve their marketing campaigns. However, video content is remarkably accessible, and technology has made is less expensive while maintaining the high-level quality you want.
Video content covers an enormous range of formats:
- Product videos
- Customer testimonials
- Behind-the-Scenes videos
- Interviews with industry experts
- Video blogs, also called vlogs
- Interactive videos, such as live streams
You can keep your content fresh, as well as repurpose video content by either using a simple editing program or hiring a video editor. For exmample, after conducting a webinar you can use pieces of the recorded material for a video ad or in the About section of your website or social media page.
Superb video marketing has the unparalleled ability to convert better than any other content, while also being available for repurposing.
When you understand how to create compelling video content and pair that with targeted digital marketing strategies you’ll deliver truly transformational results for any business.
Still not convinced?
Here Are 5 Data-Backed Reasons You Need to Start Using Video Marketing Today
Increase Business Revenue
Ultimately, any business needs to generate revenue. Regardless of whether you are selling physical products or you offer services, your marketing plan needs to get your audience to pay attention and take action. Video content delivers a marketing message better and more effectively.
- Marketers who use video are growing company revenue 49% faster year-over-year than those who don’t – Aberdeen Group
- 64% of consumers say that watching a video makes them more likely to buy – Animoto
- For eCommerce sellers found that using product videos can increase product purchases on an online store by 144 percent – Small Biz Trends
- Don’t have an online store? No problem. Just including video on a landing page can increase conversion by 80 percent and after watching video, 64 percent of users are likely to buy a product online – Small Biz Trends
- 73% of B2B marketers say video positively impacts their ROI – Tubular Insights
- Advertising companies using video as their main marketing campaign point earn, on average, $8.34 per internet user who sees their advertisement – 99 Firms
Improve Ranking in Search Results
Organic traffic is the holy grail of all marketers. Organic traffic are those users who have a very specific intent, and if your company can offer a solution, and be at the top of the search results where the user can find you, they are more likely to convert. Getting your business’s website to the top of search engine results relating to your industry is an important goal for your marketing strategy. Video plays a key role in ranking highly.
- The amount of time a visitor spends on your page after arriving from a Google search can impact how high you appear in results. Known as dwell time, this is an important Google ranking factor – Backlinko
- On average, websites that include video have a two minute longer dwell time compared to those that don’t – HighIQ
- You’ll also get more visitors on your website using video because companies using video enjoy 41 percent more web traffic from search than non-users and video drives a whopping 157 percent increase in organic traffic from search engines – Small Biz Trends
- Websites that make effective use of video increase their likelihood of being ranked on the first page of Google results by as much as 53 times – Forrester
Make an Impact on Buying Decisions
When someone decides to buy, it’s because they feel they have received enough information about a product or service. Delivering decision-making information impacts purchasing behavior, and video content delivers information in a memorable, digestable format that consumers appreciate.
- A stunning 90% of customers say that product video helps them make buying decisions – Forbes
- If you want to stay top of mind, you’ll be glad to know that 80 percent of users recall a video ad they viewed in the past 30 days – Small Biz Trends
- From brands, people prefer video content over other content like emails, newsletters, social images, blog posts, and downloadable content – HubSpot
- 72% of customers would rather learn about a product or service by way of video – HubSpot
Whatever your conversion goal is, from a simple optin to a purchase, video content delivers.
- Video users have 27% higher click-through rates and 34% higher web conversion rates – Aberdeen Group
- Using video on a landing page can increase conversion by 86% – EyeView Digital
- 70% of marketing professionals report that video converts better than any other medium – MarketingProfs
- Adding video to email can boost click rates by up to 300% – MarTech Advisor
Expand Social Influence & Shares
If you’re still not incorporating video into your content marketing, you’re missing out on a lot of opportunity for engagement.
- Videos create fans as 92 percent of mobile video consumers share videos with others – Small Biz Trends
- Video on social media get 3 times the number of inbound links than plain text posts – Moz
- Social video generates 12 times the shares than text and images combined – Small Biz Trends
- Social media posts with video have 48% more views – HubSpot
- 6 out of 10 people would rather watch online videos than television – Google
VaaS Is the Obvious Choice for Your Digital Strategy
Video content will get your ads more attention and engagement, period. To take it to the next level, combine the data from your video ads with a digital strategy that will tell you what new content you need to move your audience along the sales funnel. If you, or your marketing company, aren’t pairing these two components then the result will be mediocre. If your business isn’t mediocre, your marketing shouldn’t be either.
Your business needs quality video content and digital marketing strategy, which is what we call VaaS. It’s more convenient for your audience to consume and share. For a business, it’s an opportunity to create attractive, effective, and versatile content. Diode Digital recently found that online video is a 600% more effective marketing tool than print and direct mail combined.